Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Austrian Philosopher

That Austrian Philosopher Arnold Schwarzenegger, and yes, I did check the spelling, once said "shit happens." Indeed it does! Does it, however, need to keep happening? The answer is no. What it takes is a view, a vision, of a world different. Of a world transformed. Changed. Of new opportunities created. Of passion. Spirit. Rising to the challenge. When I was extremely nervous before a talk, it gave me solace to repeat "I'm the best person for the job." I may not be perfect; I may not be the greatest ever; but I am sincere in my desire to do the best job I can possibly do. Plus, I am the only person who is set up to do it. I am the only person here. I may not be great - but I am here. If I chose not to do it, I will definitely fail. When I chose to do it, there is a possibility I could succeed mightily. Certainty of failure or possibility of success? I choose the possibility!

2 comments:

Brenda Rothman (Mama Be Good) said...

Love your ramblings! Have you taken time off from blogging? Looking forward to more ...

Jorgo said...

Hi Brenda,

I suppose I have. It gave me comfort to read your sharing and to know there are people out there who aspire to a better life.

I get soooo busy and lose myself in all i have to get done.

All the best,

Hugh