Monday, December 29, 2008

Old mates and different styles.

The cat!

The same one who thought the Real Estate Agent was her long lost friend, decided that she would be all nervous around my sister.

Trouble was, my sister was supposed to be feeding the cat - Bleach - while I went away for a few days.

My trip was on a knife's edge while Bleach decided whether or not she was going to co-operate.

In the end she decided she would play the game and away I went.

Wasn't an overly successful weekend.

My mate has an issue with his six offspring. He has decided to marry a Thai lass. His offspring have all stopped speaking to him.

They are of the opinion he shouldn't be doing it.

Doesn't matter that he is very happy with the prospect - and he is very stubborn.

All weekend he was very angry and short with me - probably because it is Christmas and none of his kids have rung him.

We had a big blue when I had enough of his behaviour.

We both almost came to tears.

Anyhow, we sorted something out and remain friends.

Life's for living, I suppose...

5 comments:

Shrinky said...

How terribly sad for your friend his offspring are demanding he choose between his love for them and his happiness for the future. Another type of love is the understanding you show in realising his pain over this was perhaps deflected, but not aimed at you.

"The cat" (smile), dogs have owners, cats have servants. So I rest my case!

DJ Kirkby said...

If the Thai woman makes him happy why are his children opposed?

Jorgo said...

Hi Shrinky & DJ,
It is unfortunate the way his kids are carrying on.
Incredibly selfish and short-sighted.
It would appear they are coming from the inheritance perspective!
All the best to you both.

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Oops forget to check sp fist time! Life is definitely for living! I was coming round to thank you very much for the VERY nice comment you left me. As I read it I said, wow I done some things with my son and was good at it, you made my day :0)

Jorgo said...

You are very welcome rainbow - thankyou for stopping by.