Monday, December 29, 2008

Nervousness and success...

On the 20th December I went for my Silver medal in ballroom - composite - Latin, Modern and New Vogue.

Samba; Quickstep; Tango Terrific.

I achieved a "highly commended pass" - score of 85 to 95%.

It was incredibly nerve racking. I felt intense pressure on the day.

Yet I was prepared. In spite of not having a regular partner, I practiced almost every day. Going to the local athletics track and dancing around the track. That sort of practice has probably never been done around there before!

It was challenging, it was frightening, it was invigorating!

I will definitely do it again. It has restored my interest in dancing.

What was really inspiring was to see the other people from the dance studio have a go at their medals.

Some of them have had to really struggle to learn their dances and get in the rhythm. Their efforts were awesome!

It was a marvellous day.

1 comment:

Jorgo said...

Thankyou very much KTW!
Talk about a belated response....
Missed that this comment was made :-(
It was a great achievement and I owe an enormous amount to the encouragement of my dance partner Sarah - and the patience of her husband...